The KE7200 Ethernet Performance Tester is an easy-to-use tool that verifies and troubleshoots Ethernet cable installations, from essential copper wiring tests to active IP Ping. Advanced copper test capabilities include active TDR for cable length measurement and detection of split pairs even on jumpers (down to 2 meters). The KE7200 even shows multiple faults simultaneously.
- Wire-mapping and precise fault location
- Integrated cable database starting from 1 pair telephone
- Recognition of branches (Bridge Taps) – optional
- Measures cable lengths up to 150 m (TDR)
- Power over Ethernet test according to IEEE802.3af/at standard
- Tests LAN using static IP or DHCP up to 1 Gbit
- Test PoE
- List of active LAN devices and continuous ping test
- Master/Remote overvoltage protected up to 100 V AC
- Stores data and print out of test reports
The KE7200 tests the wires and wire pairs of the cable for continuity, open, short, inter-change and overdraft (Split Pair) and simultaneously determines cable length and distance to the fault in short circuit and interruption testing.
With the internal user-configurable cable database, unknown cable and wiring schemes belong to the past. Up to 32 individual remote units can be managed from the KE7200 simultaneously. The device checks connections on the availability of Power over Ethernet (PoE and PoE ++) and determines the available power.
Active network tests such as the speed detection up to 1 GBit/s of the network connection, listing the existing network subscribers with Name, IP and MAC address as well as the configurable ping stress test with detailed statistics, information on the network and possibly faulty components.
Identifying data ports with the port finder function activates the link-LED on the switch and the integrated trace tone signal allows using the optional PROBE310 for cable tracing. The KE720x sets are the perfect help for installations and troubleshooting in telephone and data networks.
The supplied Ethernet Manager Software allows to create measurement reports and to maintain cable tests and network information.